Andrea Block is an advocate for survivors of abuse. She brings Title IX and other lawsuits on behalf of children and young adults when they have been sexually abused, assaulted, or harassed. Her practice ensures that institutions that are entrusted with the care of children—like schools, churches, medical facilities, and recreational organizations—are held accountable when they fail to protect those children. Andrea stays in close contact with a network of non-profit child protection and anti-sexual abuse advocacy centers, as well as thought-leaders and other practitioners of gender discrimination law.
Andrea is an experienced trial and appellate lawyer who has litigated complex cases across the country on behalf of both individuals and businesses. Andrea’s cases have involved injuries relating to commercial and financial products, business torts, unfair banking practices, and employment disputes, as well as personal injuries. She has appeared in federal and state courts, as well as in AAA and FINRA arbitration. Her clients have recovered millions in damages. Andrea is known for her analytical style and hands-on approach to trials and arbitration hearings, as well as for her fresh perspective and solution-oriented approach to negotiations.
Prior to co-founding The Block Firm, Andrea practiced for nearly a decade representing clients in class actions and high stakes litigation and arbitrations, first in the St. Louis, Missouri office of a large, national law firm and then in Atlanta as part of a specialized boutique litigation practice.
Andrea and her husband, Aaron, live in Atlanta with their two young daughters. Andrea is actively involved in the Atlanta community. Among other things, she has served on boards and committees for Washington University in St. Louis, the Cathedral Towers (HUD affordable housing for seniors), the Peachtree Road Farmers’ Market, Greenhouse Scholars, and Trinity School. She also serves as the President and COO of a charitable foundation.
- Husch Blackwell LLP, St. Louis, Missouri
- Parker Hudson Rainer & Dobbs LLP, Atlanta, Georgia
- J.D., magna cum laude, Washington University in St. Louis
- B.A., summa cum laude, Washington University in St. Louis
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- Georgia (all state trial and appellate courts)